Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Hump Day

I can't believe it's Wednesday already.

Here's a quick rundown of what I ate yesterday. For breakfast I had my usual Kroger low-fat granola with raisins (tomorrow I'm picking out the raisins. I'm tired of nearly breaking a tooth every morning trying to chew them!), sliced almonds, frozen organic blueberries, and Kroger brand creamy vanilla yogurt. It's funny, everymorning the whey has come to the top of the container and I pour it off. Makes the yogurt very thick and creamy. Not as thick as Fage but much thicker than normal yogurt. I also had a can of diet Dr-K.

For lunch I had a pulled chicken sandwich, baked beans, and a cup of summer fruits - including strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe. I also had a 32oz cup of ice water which I drank on all afternoon.

Mid-afternoon I ate one of our cafeteria's deliciously moist and chewy oatmeal cookies. They don't make them often and when they do the cookies sell out quickly. I grabbed one while I still could.

I got home and the weather was cool for Topeka in July, 73 degrees and overcast. I opened my mail and went for a walk around the park near my house. Today it's supposed to be much warmer. I ate some raw carrots, fresh cantaloupe and a wrap with hummus, spinach and sliced red peppers. They're so easy and so good.

After dinner I did a DVD that came in my latest issue of Fitness. I wasn't impressed but at least it was exercise. The quality of the recording wasn't good. The picture kept breaking up into pixels and skipping but then what do you expect from a free DVD.

Then it was time for NCIS which is one of my favorite shows. Of course, this time of year it was an episode I'd already seen so I kinda watched it while I read the July/August issue of Nutrition Action Health Letter. There's an article about why we overeat and a review section on ice creams and sorbets. I love that newsletter and read it faithfully. You can read some of their "classic" articles here. I wanted to keep all my back issues where I could read them anytime I wanted to so I added them to our collection at the library where any of our patrons can read them as well.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment