Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stress




My life has been very stressful. I used to eat over stress. Over the years I have developed my own ways of dealing with the stressors without using food. I have a list in the back of my day planner and when I feel my life getting out of control I do one of the things on the list. I thought I'd share it with you. Maybe you'd get some ideas from it and anyone who wants to share their methods is invited and welcome to do so. I am always looking for new ideas.

Breathe
Do a yoga tape
Brush teeth
Stretch
Go for a walk
Light a candle

Turn off the TV
Journal
Watch a movie
Read a magazine
Clean something
Shower and wash hair
Body scrub - head to toe
Get a manicure
Do hot oil treatment for my hair
Write an email to a friend
Listen to Collin Raye CD
Watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Read the "Big Book"
Work on gratitude list
Listen to "A Medio Vivir", which is a Ricky Martin CD from way before La Vida Loca.
Go to Barnes and Noble or the library
Buy flowers

All these things stop the progression and enable me to sit back and breathe deeply. I look forward to hearing yours.

1 comment:

  1. Great list Johanna! I totally agree that taking a step back and doing things we truly enjoy can make a huge difference in our stress levels. We all need to be willing to take time to relax and enjoy life! Love the list! :)

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete