Monday, June 15, 2009

Raw Challenge




I didn't officially participate in Jenna's raw challenge from a few weeks ago but reading about other's experiences gave me ideas. For the next 10 days I'm going to eat at least one totally raw meal each day. I'm also going to see if I can find a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Raw Eating. I've got so many questions. Today I'm not willing to give up yogurt. I eat some every day. I'm hooked on Fage Honey and Activia prune flavor. Is honey raw or is heat used in the processing? I know I can eat my "go to" snack of Lara Bars. Reading Veggie Girl 's posts got me hooked on those. Fresh fruits and vegetables are easy and I can find raw nuts locally. A lot of Ani Phyo's recipes call for nuts. I found a recipe in her cookbook, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, for Vegetable Pate that I'm going to try this week and it calls for raw cashews.

For breakfast this morning I had 1 cup of low-fat vanilla yogurt, mixed with 1/2 c Bear Naked granola, and 1/2 cup of frozen organic blueberries. First time I've tried it with fruit mixed in. Yum. We'll see if it holds me til lunch.

Island Girl is hosting her first contest. It's a great one! Check it out here. I know I'm going to enter.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your raw meals! I'll be interested to see what kind of things you come up with! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete