Saturday, June 20, 2009

Farewell Pizza Hut

I don't usually have computer access on the weekends cuz I use the library's wifi during the week. However, my daughter, Rachel, is visiting and I'm using her laptop. There are tornado warnings to the west of us and the storms are moving this way. I don't look forward to heading to the basement in the middle of the night so I hope it dissipates before it gets here, not that I want anyone to go through it.

This morning I woke up with what I think was food poisoning. I must have eaten something that upset my stomach. Of course, the terrible tummy complete with cramps could have been because I had a very upsetting experience yesterday afternoon. I had to leave work to come home and cry for awhile. All better now.

Today for breakfast I had a cup of Quaker Oatmeal Squares and a container of Activia prune yogurt. Then I slept for awhile. When I woke up I was still queasy so I ate nothing until mid afternoon when I had a few almonds and a whole wheat tortilla with some Athenos hummus. That was it until Rachel wanted pizza. It's been months since I ordered pizza and my stomach seemed to be all better so I said ok and ordered a Pizza Hut veggie lovers on a pan crust. When I want pizza that is what I am craving and nothing else satisfies. It finally arrived and I took a piece looking forward to that first bite, you know the best bite is the first one. It didn't taste good. I didn't enjoy it at all. I guess my tastes must really be changing. I won't be wanting pizza anytime soon and now I feel like I have a brick in my stomach. Hopefully the feeling will be gone in the morning.

I just got a call to come in and work midnight to 7AM. I would have done it but I'd already gotten a call for 7A - 7P tomorrow. When I work overtime I work as a patient sitter. I stay in the room mostly with patients who are elderly and confused. Although I never know what I am getting into until I get there. I also get a lot of the psych patients that no one else wants. I like the psych patients the best. I understand them. The hospital pays time and half so it makes for a nice check.

I'll see you all on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment