Monday, June 29, 2009

Green Monsters




I finally had my first green monster. It was a simple one like the one in Polly's video "Polly goes green". This morning I started the day with one - 1 ripe frozen banana, 1 c vanilla almond breeze and a bunch of spinach, blend til smooth. This is the first one I've had then gone to work so we'll see how well it will hold me.
*** Update ***
I didn't make it to lunch. I had to have a piece of fruit and a handful of almonds. I think maybe if I get some protein powder or get up the nerve to put Barney Butter in it would help satisfy me longer.

I worked nights this weekend. For those of you who have experienced working nights you can testify to the upside down feeling when you flip back to days. I'm going to go walk on the treadmill. Green monsters and a walk - good ways to start off the week.

2 comments:

  1. Love green monsters! I often add a small spoonful of nut butter and the smoothies tend to satiate my hunger a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking there's not a lot of calories (Calories = Energy) in that one you describe! Try adding more fruit. I always start with a banana, and add in one or two additional fruits (frozen pineapple, mango, blueberries, whatever you like. Or use fresh, and add in a few ice cubes.). Then I add in homemade nutmylk, and assorted greens (sprouts, chard, romaine, what-have-you).

    Kick up the calories, and you'll find it stays with you longer.

    :~)

    ReplyDelete