Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hugh Jass Salad

For lunch I hit up the salad bar and loaded up my lid (I put my stuff in the lid then top it with the plate. It's easier to get lots of stuff that way.) with baby spinach, some iceberg lettuce mix, shredded carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh mushrooms, and a spoonful of sunflower seeds. I used Wish Bone Red Wine Mist salad spritzer. 1 big calorie per spray. I also ate a big bunch of red seedless grapes. I am comfortably full. I also took a hike around the hospital grounds for a little break. It's just in the low 80's right now so the walk was energizing rather than soggy/sweaty.

I have a small snack saved for later this afternoon. I get great snack ideas from Heather's blog.

Last evening when I got home I had a basic green monster. I wasn't hungry for four hours. I'm getting to the point where one of them is actually an entire meal. Good stuff.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. MMMM i looove salad bars! so yummy and theres (usually) so much variety!!

    that is SO amazing that most of the women in your family have made it to be 90. i have 4 great grandmas still alive and i believe their ages range from 80-87...so it looks like mine is going to be pretty high up there as well! whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete