Thursday, September 2, 2010

Missing the Exercise


It's amazing how you can get used to something and when it's gone it feels like such a loss. I miss the 3 mandatory and 1 1/2 hours of exercise I was getting at KRH. I'm still getting in quite a bit of exercise but I miss the apparatus which were available in rehab. I don't have the arm ergometer for aerobics and I don't have the blueprint of the the required sessions. Most of all I miss the raised mats for yoga and stretching. I'm still doing the mat exercise but on my bed which isn't the best surface, some stretching, upper body weights, some thera-band, and seated leg exs. It's not nothing but I need me some aerobics. Anyone have any ideas on getting the old heart rate up there while sitting in a wheelchair? Please chime in I need the advice.

I'm back at work. Today is the third day. I'm getting around pretty well. I went for a bone density test first thing this morning. The break happened so easily that the doc wanted to check things out. I don't have any osteoporosis on my Mom's side and I don't have any way of knowing about my Dad's genetics so the test will tell. I hope to get the results back by the time I see the doc next Thursday.

My food is good. For breakfast I had cottage cheese with crushed pineapple, a drop of bourbon vanilla, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum.
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment