Monday, September 13, 2010

Celiac Folk Meet Saturday Morning



Saturday morning was our local Celiac Awareness Group. There were about 40 people (including the non-celiac family of the celiacs) and lots of food. It's so nice to be able to choose what to eat without worrying whether or not you'll have symptoms. Very freeing. I brought a pineapple upside down cake which is my favorite in the real world. Let me assure it was well received. Lots of people brought samples of things they'd found in the stores and had found enjoyable to prepare. Coffee, water, and of course, I brought my diet-coke. There were lots of new members and therefore lots of misconceptions to be cleared up. Sharon (the president) is a whiz and I always bring my library skills along. It's good to be reminded that eating food with gluten in it can hurt us even though we can't feel it hurting us.

If you have Celiac Disease find your own group locally and go regularly. You'll be glad you did.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment