Monday, November 30, 2009

My first GF Thanksgiving


I did it. I cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner and it was almost all GF. I did buy some mashed potatoes from Country Crock that may have had gluten. I didn't look because I didn't plan on eating any. I also bought a pumpkin pie for my daughter and her boyfriend.



The menu consisted of:



Honeysuckle turkey breast cooked overnight in the crock pot. I got this recipe from Gluten-free Easily. You can find the recipe here.



Corn on the Cob



Brussels Sprouts



Candied Sweet Potatoes (like my mother used to make)



Waldorf Salad



Canned gravy (I don't eat gravy)



Mashed potatoes (I took the easy way out and bought them already cooked)



Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream



It was a very good meal. I remembered why I like to cook. Good healthy food and I'm sure it's all GF.



I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday.



More later...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out, Johanna! I'm just so happy that you enjoyed the special turkey breast recipe. I love that it stays moist and flavorful even as leftovers. Sounds like you did very well for your first gluten-free Thanksgiving! Who wouldn't want to share this meal?

    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first holiday meal is usually the hardest.
    It gets easier to substitute in your favorite recipes as you learn the properties of different
    flours. It sounds like yours went really well,
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete