Friday, August 7, 2009

'nother Friday

The Dillons store is just too convenient. I drive right by it on my way home and although it is a small neighborhood store I still stop there a few times each week. Last night I got organic carrots, organic blueberries, 2 Almond Breeze vanilla, an apple, sliced almonds, watermelon (chunks, not a whole one), and some brown rice. I fixed the rice (it was one of those 90 second microwave bags) and then heated up some Potato and chickpeas in a tomato sauce. It was quite tasty.

I also fixed a smoothie. I love this one. It's so easy and only 3 ingredients.

  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt (last night it was Stoneyfield's fat-free French vanilla)
  • 1/2 c orange juice
  • 4 ice cubes

Cold and refreshing.

This morning I had my usual yogurt mess.

  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 c blueberries
  • sprinkle of sliced almonds
  • 1/2 c Bear Naked Granola in Vanilla Almond Fit (can you see the theme here?)

I also am drinking a 20 oz diet coke. I feel the need for a caffeine fix.

I'm doing my library job from 8:30AM - 5:00PM and then I'm working on the floor from 7:00PM - 7:00AM. Hopefully I'll be able to get some reading done and maybe watch a little of the food channel. Has anyone else noticed that Good Eats hasn't been on at 7PM (CDT) this week. It's still on at 10PM. Is Alton losing his prime time slot? I hope not - I have a "thing" for him.

More later...




No comments:

Post a Comment