Monday, August 3, 2009

Food, Inc

My daughter and I went to see Food, Inc. on Friday. I was shocked that the theater was barely half filled. With all the blog reviews and comments I just figured that it would be a sell out. Saturday I started reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Both require much thought. We also went to Iwig's Family Dairy in Tecumseh, KS to check out their antibiotic and growth hormone free cows. I've always loved their milk and it was fun to see the local jams, noodles, chickens, honey and other goodies they carry in their shop. I'm going to work on a post tonight to let you know what I think about the whole issue. I doubt that I will ever use any milk products other than IWIG from now on. I got to see the cows in the pasture. They were feeding on natural grasses and alfalfa. They each have names and the hands know which cow goes with which names. My vote goes with the local farmer in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment