Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eating Out





I've been getting braver about trying to eat out. The local Celiac group gave me a list of restaurants where the staff are familiar with the restrictions of gluten-free eating. The one my daughter and I decided to try was Outback Steakhouse. When we were greeted by the hostess I asked for the GF menu and she handed me one - slick, just like their regular menu except it had notations about how to order the items to make certain they were prepared without gluten. I had a Victoria's 6 oz fillet, with a dressed baked potato and steamed veggies without the spice blend which the menu indicated was not GF. I enjoyed the meal very much. I don't eat steak often and when I do I want someone else to cook it. When we paid the check I asked the waitress to tell the manager how much I appreciated being able to eat in a place that understood the limitations. I'll be eating here again.



More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment