Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy 95th birthday to my Aunt


Last week was my Aunt's 95th birthday. Her daughters planned a big reception in her honor at the assisted living facility where she lives. There were tons of people there. I think she knows pretty much everyone in Olathe.
Before the "party" a few of us met at the Granite City Food and Brewery in Olathe. I'd never been there and was concerned about the GF properties of their food. I asked for the allergy menu and they actually had one - not specifically GF but at least wheat free. With that I felt a little more comfortable ordering. I ordered the Vegetarian Santa Fe Salad. It was excellent. It had a blend of chopped romaine, assorted spring greens and fresh chopped cilantro tossed in a tequila vinaigrette dressing. It also had black beans, diced tomatoes, sweet corn, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, pico de gallo and strips of crispy tortilla chips (corn). It was $7.09 for a large filling serving. I enjoyed the salad immensely and I would go back just for it. Yum.
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment