Friday, November 20, 2009

Fire Roasted Crisps - Not GF


The very week I was diagnosed with "possible Celiac" I received a shipment of goodies from Dr Kracker to review on my blog. For a couple of weeks I didn’t do anything with them (but want to cheat on my gluten-free status and eat them up in a hurry). I didn’t eat them. The memory of the pain was too fresh. I finally came up with a solution. I gave them to my daughter and her boyfriend and they are going to review them for me. My favorite flavor, of the ones I tried before the diagnosis, was Fire Roasted Crisps. There was a touch of jalapeno in them that really boosted the flavor and all of Dr Kracker’s products are thick and crunchy. I would have happily made this flavor my main cracker. They were so good with a nice sharp Cheddar and maybe crispy slices of a fall apple.
Here's a list of the ingredients if anyone is interested:

organic whole wheat flour, filtered water, organic wheat flour, cheddar cheese (pastuerized milk, hannilase enzyme, salt, cultures), sun dried tomato, sweet potato, red jalapenos pepper, black sesame seed, organic flaxseeds, organic quinoa, organic sunflower seeds, yeast, sea salt, fresh basil, olive oil, garlic
Contains: wheat, milk
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment