Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reflections

As fall closes in I am feeling reflective concerning this blog. I remember why I started it - to journal my journey into wellness. The past couple of weeks I've kind of slacked off and quit posting as often as I did at first. It started as a journal so I could celebrate my successes. I've kept a paper journal for as long as I can remember and I love to write out my thoughts and contemplate my feelings. I need to remember that I am writing for me.

Today started off with an upper body yoga session and a walk around the neighborhood. I didn't get to the library until a little after 8 AM. For the last year I've been coming in at 7 AM to read emails and blogs. I thought that I'd shake up the old status quo and do something different. It was cool and misty and the walk felt so good. For breakfast I had my favorite Bear Naked granola, with sliced almonds, organic blueberries and organic vanilla yogurt.

For lunch I had a piece of salmon with some kind of mustard sauce, a large salad with spinach, carrots, broccoli, chick peas, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of ranch dressing. It was tasty. I also had a banana that wasn't quite ripe enough. I've been drinking water all afternoon. This morning I had two cans of diet K cola.

When I get home in about half an hour I plan on having a huge green monster. I've been craving one for several days but was waiting for some bananas to ripen enough to freeze.

More later....

2 comments: