Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye-Tuesday


Tomorrow is my last day at Kansas Rehab. I've really enjoyed my stay, Got in lots of exercise, learned tons of new stuff and met some nice people. The environement was one of healing and getting better and although some folks fought the process most were willing to do whatever it took to get better. I have mixed feelings about leaving. Part of me wants to stay and be taken care of and take Andy's thera-band class, and do PT with Francis, and all the other fun physical training I've been doing. But it's time to go home and get back to work. I won't be able to bear weight on the ankle for at least 3 more weeks which should make getting around home quite interesting. I have a wheelchair, a walker, and a cute little bench for the shower. I'm hoping I can get my wheelchair up the new ramp built onto my front porch. Tomorrow will be the test. I don't know what I'll do about my laundry since the washer/dryer are in the basement and I can't go down the stairs. I guess I'll have to ask for help. That will be difficult. I've already asked so many people to do so much for me that I feel I'm running out of goodwill.
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment