Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One meal at a time


With every passing day I get stronger. For the first three weeks I had an unshakable "Why bother with this" attitude about exercise and eating healthy. After all I did those things and I still had an MI. But not that I've been ok'd to exercise between rehab sessions I feel better. I've exercised for four of the last five days. The fourth of July was a washout here. The old feelings are starting to come back and I'm starting to crave fruits and veggies again. I can probably count on both hands the # of servings I've had since I was discharged from the hospital. I just couldn't get interested in them. Last night I wanted pickled beets and brussels sprouts. Not a very good combination but I ate them anyway. Tonight I'm having a salad beast. The ingredients will depend on what looks good at the salad bar. One meal at a time.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment