Thursday, January 28, 2010

Luvox CR


Well, yesterday I finally heard from my doctor. He'd been using his PDR to research GF meds for me and found out that the PDR no longer lists the inactive ingredients which makes it impossible (or very nearly impossible) to find out which drugs are GF. Being a medical librarian I went to the other classic drug guide and found that Drug Facts and Comparisons (an expensive big brown brick of a book) not only lists the inactive ingredients (where the gluten likes to hide) but also says Gluten-Free when appropriate. Of course, neither of the drugs he wanted to switch me to was GF but I found one in the same class that is. He gave me enough samples for one month to see how it works for me. My pharmacy doesn't normally carry the drug but they will order it for me and have it available within 24 hours. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. Success - sometimes you just need to keep on pushing to get what you need.


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment